With Blinds4You, measuring for your beautiful new blind is easy. Just follow this step-by-step guide, taking care to double check as you go and look out for some handy tips to help you save time too. Below is a handy guide for measuring for Vertical blinds.
Measuring Guide for Vertical blinds
This guide works for:
If you want your blind to fit inside the window recess.
This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. Measure the full width and height of the recess – leave deductions to our experts. You will get a blind ready to fit inside the recess perfectly.
• Measure in 3 places for both the width and the drop, use the smallest measurements you’ve taken
• Don’t make any deductions; we will do that for you
• Use a metal tape measure; cloth ones can stretch and give you inaccurate measurement
Handy Tip: Double check the depth of your recess (see recess checking tips opposite) – is it deep enough to take the blind? Are there any obstructions like handles or ventilation
Depth needed for Vertical blinds = 75mm
If you want your blind to fit outside the window recess
- Measure the recess as shown opposite before adding your extra height and width to each side. We will make your blind to that exact size with no deductions.
- Looking to keep light to the minimum? We recommend you add at least 50mm on either sides and 70mm to the top.
- At the bottom of the blind be aware of hitting protruding objects like sills or radiators. If bringing blind drop to a window sill, we recommend you reduce this measurement by 15mm to give clearance - it stops the fabric slats from dragging.
Handy Tip: Are you replacing an existing blind, like for like? Measure the blind including fittings (see blind measuring tips opposite) and use the Exact fitting option – we will make you one the same size.
Fitting inside a part-tiled recess (also for picture rails, skirting boards)
Measure between the tiles to ensure the blind will fit
Does your window have tiles up the sides of your recess?
These tiles likely reduce the width available compared to a standard recess.
Measure the width between the tiles for your width. Use this method if you have a skirting board, picture rail or something else in the inside of the recess.
Bay windows, half-bays & L-shaped windows
These window styles need a more in-depth look to measure for Vertical blinds. We’ve created measuring guides dedicated to each. Visit www.Blinds4You.co.uk
Angled bay windows
Angled Bay Windows measuring guide available: www.Blinds4You.co.uk/xxxxxxx
N.B. The same guide can be used for angled half-bay windows.
Square bay and L-Shaped windows
Square Bay and L-Shaped Windows measuring guide available: www.Blinds4You.co.uk/xxxxxxx
Once you have noted your measurements, enter the sizes into www.Blinds4You.co.uk/www.blinds4You.co.uk/Vertical-blinds and choose your fitting
option. We will make your new blind to your sizes and send them out to you ready to fit.